Saturday, June 25, 2011

Randomness on Saturday morning

1.  The self imposed sock club is dead.  I think I got burned out on socks during March Madness.  Plus I fell behind.  And then I knit almost a whole sock in one pattern and didn't like the yarn/pattern combo,  switched to another pattern and didn't like the combo again, switched yarns (stealing from a future self imposed sock club kit) and the pattern wasn't showing up... Then the second yarn said "I want to be a baby sweater" so I started knitting a baby sweater and now I'm completely obsessed.

2.  This sweater has seemed to temporarily suppressed my horrid case of startitis, but I have a feeling the real reason I haven't cast anything on since is because I don't have the right yarn for the patterns I'm itching to start on, and don't have the time to get to a yarn store. 

3.  Right now I technically have 15 projects in the works.  I think.  It's getting really hard to keep track of them.

4.  2 of these are Jared Flood patterns.  I can't believe it's only 2.  I really thought it was more.  I'm working on my second Tweed Baby Blanket and my first Rock Island Shawl.  Oh wait - I also have a Girasole on the needles, but it's been so long since I worked on it I'm afraid to try to figure out where I am on that one... it might need to be a frog and start over.  And I'm dying to cast on Bridgewater but need to pick out some yarn for that one.  And Koolhaus  is getting cast on as soon as I can manage to put the baby sweater down for a minute.  Ok... now it's more clear that I'm having a love affair with Brooklyn Tweed designs.  (I have a feeling the same thing might happen with me and Stephen West soon.  What is it with me and the boys?)

5.  I don't pay for cable and can't seem to figure out the bunny ears/converter box thing.  Plus I'm never home when the shows I watch are on anyway.  So I watch everything online.  Well, almost everything.  I've been seriously missing Criminal Minds all year so I finally caved an bought a season on DVD.  As soon as I finished my Nana found the seasons she had bought and let me have them.  Major score!  This is what I've been knitting too for the past month.  

6.  This morning I was reading Bitch magazine but then I got distracted and wanted to start a book but then I remembered the Rock Island shawl and the baby sweater and then... well it's just so rare for me to have Saturday off that I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the possibilities. 

7.  I keep talking about this baby sweater... maybe I should show you a picture:

 
Pattern of my own imaginings (with construction influenced by Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Sweater.  Yarn is Koigu KPPPM inn P827.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment