Monday, February 21, 2011

Long rant with obscure (?) cultural references

I am exhausted.  Which is a little irritating because I got plenty of sleep last night.  Actually, I woke up before my alarm went off.  Not that I got up or did anything.  I stayed in bed until the alarm went off and then hit the snooze a few times for good measure.  I don't want to mess with a system that's been working for me (you know, hit snooze 1 too many times, get up, run around like chicken with head cut off, leave the house 5-10 minutes later than I should have and stress about being late for the entire commute).

As it turns out, I should have dragged my lazy butt out of bed and done something productive from 8-9am because the rest of this day has been kind of a bust.

I know this blog is new and so I haven't shared a lot of background info with you... so I'm warning you now that this one is leaning towards information overload.  I think it will be less overwhelming if it's a list.  Plus I like lists.  So here you go:

1.  First off, I'm having some complications with where I live.  And by "complications" I mean that my landlord spent my security deposit and then declared bankruptcy about 2 months after I signed my 18 month lease.  This has been troubling in many ways, but the most recent is that they've asked me if I want to purchase the condo I'm renting.  Asking price is too high?  Make an offer and we may be able to accommodate you says the trustee of the bankruptcy case.   So now I'm considering buying property which I hadn't planned on doing for another 5 years or so and I went to the bank and they said that my income, plus the fact that I've been self employed in this particular career for less than 2 years, plus the fact that my taxes from last year say I made no money at all (this is NOT an exaggeration) because I was in school for this new career means that I will not get a mortgage.  My dad would be willing to co-sign - but since he wouldn't be living here it would be considered an investment which means the taxes would be higher and you'd have to give a higher down payment.  Summary:  Blah Blah Blah sorry for your luck Blah Blah.

2.  I mentioned a new career?  Yes, so I'm trying to set up a new website for said career.  It's not going very well.  I had a free trial for this one website creator type thing and I couldn't figure it out (it was supposed to be user friendly - Ha!)  so I got a free trial for another one.  This one is much easier to use EXCEPT that sometimes it won't let me format the way I want to and when I look a the preview of what I've done it mixes the old template with the new one and leaves out text I've spent valuable time adding and sometimes if I click on one area it highlights another one.

3.  Also, I'm trying to sign up for paperless billing for my electric and gas but to do that you have to sign up for this payment service and it might mess with your automatic bill pay but I can't get through to customer service because they are closed because it is a holiday.

4.  I pretty much only have time to take care of these types of things on Sundays and Mondays.  When I call a place on Sunday, and they are closed, I forgive them.  When it is Monday, I get angry.  Especially since I am trying to do my part to save the planet here and they are making it way more complicated than it should be.

5.  Also, the electric company is closed but my BANK was open???  What kind of holiday is this?

6.  I don't feel bad for the bank people.  I didn't have off today either.

7.  Though, work was probably the highlight of my day.  I teach children how to dance.  We had fun, and they were nice to me.  One girl told me my feet were dirty (dancing barefoot will do that) but then they give me hugs and smiles and tell me their stories and everything is better.

8.  Teaching dance is not the new career, it's the old career.  The new one is massage therapy.  It's supposed to make me financially stable.  I think it's doing a great job.  The bank, however, has other ideas.

9.  My brother stole my Newsies DVD a few years ago (while I was letting him live in my apartment for the summer, I might add) and I want it back.  Now.  He has not bought me a birthday present in 2 years.  I can let go of one of these things, but not both.  I choose to let go of the birthday present thing.  Open the gates and seize the day... this has gone on long enough.

10.  One of my favorite podcasts seems to have disappeared.  I was working my way through old episodes and had about 100 to go.  I didn't download them yet because... well because I'm a total podcast junkie and didn't think I needed to be downloading episodes it would take me months to get to.

11.  I'm reading 2 books.  I'm almost finished with the one I'm reading on my Kindle (Love it!) and the other one is borrowed, so I don't want to travel with it.  I'm afraid to read the Kindle book too much because Jodi Picoult's book comes out March 1 and if I read too fast I won't have a travel book to read between finishing it and March 1.

12.  Today's tragedies make me want to go back in time to Saturday at about 5:30pm when I was finishing my spinning class and after spinning yarn on a wheel for the first time was making a 2 ply and then bouncing with excitement because I MADE YARN!!!! And then was hugging it on the drive to Chipotle (!!!) and then home.

13.  I'm going to hug my hand-spun now to make myself feel better.

14.  That's not a joke.  I really did just hug my hand-spun.  I know, I know - as I learned from Boy Meets World - "you got pictures? ... You got nothin'!"

So here you are:



Long rant followed by hugging yarn.  I feel a little better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment