Monday, January 3, 2011

Here goes nothing...

So I've been sitting here on my couch for the last couple hours, thinking about whether or not to start a blog.  And thinking I should just do it already because I've thought about it so many times before.  And I'm composing my own thoughts in my head as a blog post, as if I have a blog.  But I don't have a blog.  Well, I didn't have a blog.  

I almost had a blog once, but when I started to set one up I read something about how you should really pick a topic to focus on so that you can reach a specific audience and all I could think was... Pick one topic?  No way.  I like too many things.  I couldn't pick just one.  I mean, I'm a person with 4 jobs (Is it 4?  It might be 5... sometimes I lose count.  It's definitely not the MOST jobs I've ever had at one time.) and they are not all in the same field.  And most of my jobs don't have anything to do with any of my hobbies.  I live a life of many things.  

So tonight I said to the internet (which is not the greatest listener) Who are you to tell me to pick one thing?  (This dates back to a story about my mom and her friend and a stop sign and a problem with the law and the phrase "who are you to tell me to stop" and obviously stop signs are useful but I think the point of the story - if there is a point - is to march to the beat of your own drum or something.  I'm not sure, sometimes I forget the context and only remember the punch line).  I say to the internet - Who are you to tell me how to write my blog?  But besides not being a great listener, the internet is not a great conversationalist either, so it didn't answer.  

And now I have a blog.  And in an effort to start a blog about many things, I have written a post about almost nothing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment